We understand the concern. We have 14 camp-specific safety aspects to help keep everyone safe from the spread of the virus.
1. We play on a natural dirt field, outside;
2. Instructors will be required, and players encouraged, to wear masks;
3. Players are assigned "drop spots" for their equipment that is a personal 6' shaded space;
4. Players will stay 6' apart during all Slammer Skillz and Team Talks;
5. Players will not occupy dugouts;
6. No high fives, head pats, or other direct touching by either Instructors or Players;
7. Instructors will be responsible for retrieving bats (by the barrel);
8. Specific to 5PC, there is no stealing, therefore infielders don’t hold runners on the base;
9. The home plate umpire stands behind a screen set at least 6’ away;
10. After pitching, baseballs aren’t thrown back to the pitcher;
11. No player will share bats, batting helmets, or any other personal equipment or items;
12. Campers, or their guardian, must confirm players have not had a temperature or symptoms in the last 72 hours and complete a 3-question survey each morning;
13. A maximum of 10 players per team; and
14. There are no spectators allowed (parents can watch via live stream).
No. She is going to get "game" experience and that's the most important type of experience you can get. But let's be honest, even playing at the highest levels, players don't see much action and only get up to bat a few times each game. The 5PC accelerates the game so that there's 7X more balls in play than a typical game. So, yes, your player will probably be the biggest advocate for Runner Gunner Slugger Worldwide events.
This is the perfect camp for your son because both the 5PC and Slammer Skillz are specifically designed to level out the talent. We put on our thinking hats and have specially designed each exercise to challenge your player regardless of their skill or age within the group.
The bulk of camp time is spent playing “Five-Pitch Challenge” (5PC). We've replaced the human pitcher with a machine and play using modified rules. These changes produce more balls-in-play because the batter is swinging at, and hitting, "meatballs." As batters put more balls in play, it creates more action in the field. There are so many advantages to this new version of baseball that it can't all be written down. Trust us, it's so good for them AND it is fun.
No. This is an action-packed, development-rich outdoor activity that will be more fun than your child's favorite video game. We guarantee it.
Chris Dahlander, Commissioner, will run the camps as well as some fantastic Instructors. They are either in college or seniors in High School (all of them are playing or played baseball or softball). They're young and fun and encouraging and are dedicated to ensuring your player gets everything she/he can out of our events.
There's enough stress on our young player's arms already. With a pitching machine, we can give arms a rest while still enjoying the fun aspects of the game.
As we all know, the Texas heat can be brutal. Starting before the heat of the day keeps our players and Instructors safe.
Same answer as above, but as the seasons change, we'll move the start time up earlier.
Research has shown that most kids get stressed out when parents are in the stands. Not necessarily your kids, but the other kids. That's why you get access to our live stream account and mobile app.
Not at this time. But check back later because we're always looking for ways to keep our kids in the game.
Send questions to email@example.com and we'll reply as quickly as we can.
Fun and action-packed camps, leagues, & events.
Born & Raised in North Dallas, Texas
Copyright © 2020 Runner Gunner Slugger Worldwide - All Rights Reserved.
Power hitting by GoDaddy Website Builder